Here we go!!!!
Africa awaits. We are all packed and ready to go. It is still sometimes surreal to think that one morning you can be in the USA and later that day you can be almost halfway around the world on a completely different continent in a strange and new culture.
While we have no idea what all is in store for us during our few short days in country, we are confident the Lord has and is going before us preparing the way for the good news of his Son to be shared with people who have never had the opportunity to hear it. Romans 10 sums up this trip for us:
“Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for them is that they may be saved.” And, “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved… For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved… For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
“How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written,’How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!'”
Run with those beautiful feet!
Prayer requests for the week:
- That the team’s focus and purpose will be Christ-centered and exalting
- That we will go hard after Christ everyday sensing the urgency and the limited time we get to share truth about God with these people
- That our love and compassion for this people group would grow in our hearts beyond what we ever imagined it could be
- That we would daily consider how to stir up one another to love and good works
- That we would not be a distraction to the gospel but be vessels used mightily by God
- That we would be free from illness which would hinder our ability to work hard for Christ
- That the believers would be strengthened and established in their faith and that they we would be able to strongly encourage and teach them more about following Christ
- That the Holy Spirit would be opening eyes to see, ears to hear and hearts to believe the One true God
- That the Lord would lead us to the divine appointments he has already prepared
- That the 27 women, that asked the first team to pray that the truth they had heard would grow in their hearts so they could believe, can be met with again and this time they will be ready to surrender to Christ
- That the people would recognize Christ as the final sacrifice for their sins and be freed from the bondage of daily sacrifice to false gods
- That God would build his church among this people group and would raise them up to reach surrounding people groups
- That we would know our stories well and be able to speak them boldly to everyone we meet
I am sure I am forgetting things to pray for, so pray as the Spirit leads you! We are so appreciative of the love and support of family and friends and our church family! We can’t wait to see what God is going to do and we look forward to giving Him the praise when we share it with you all on our return.
You are loved!